Friday 18 November 2011

#inthought -Life.

Im going to start off with sharing my view of life and what I think of it. It may in no way be fact or truth, only because the truth is really relative. But that's a discussion for another time. We go through this world and this life and during this time we constantly question ourselves and life. We ask questions that may or may not have an answer, and sometimes they dont need an answer.


 "What is the meaning of life?"
This is a question that im pretty sure most of you have asked yourselves or someone during general conversation. I cannot clearly recall the time someone asked me this question but what I remember is I didnt care much for the answer. Its been many years since and someone put out  it got me thinking... To me the answer starts off with examining not the mordern world that we have created, but the basic elements of life right up to ourselves. It may take many years or even a lifetime for you to get the answer, or it may take a second.
The answer could be as simple as "we are all animals and life probably shouldn't have meaning" but then we are humans we observe and question and we have the power to create.  we have the power to manipulate, anything from steel to people. So therefore the answer to the question changes...because we have all this power should life then have a meaning for us? Some religions beleive we are one with the environment and nature. Others beleive we are above animals but in no way their gods.

Should we then conquer this world or do we have the responsibility to protect and preserve it. If one has the power do the inherently have the resposibility? they certainly do...they should have responsibility for their power.

ill share a couple of photos that I snapped up...

taken in early spring, shows how human expansion can harm animal habitats


life comes in many forms and sizes, observe with a purpose and realise none is there to destroy

just because we have the power to destroy and build doesnt mean we have power over life

"There are many people who will give you the purpose of life; they will tell you what the sacred books say. Clever people will go on inventing what the purpose of life is. The political group will have one purpose, the religious group will have another purpose, and so on and on. So, what is the purpose of life when you yourself are confused? When I am confused, I ask you this question, "What is the purpose of life?" because I hope that through this confusion, I shall find an answer. How can I find a true answer when I am confused? Do you understand?"


- Jiddu Krishnamurti, 'The Book of Life' 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Buy Coupons